R Language Learning
- R Language Introduction1
R Language Introduction1
R is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics. It compiles and runs on a wide vairiety of UNIX platforms(Windows, MacOS).
R Language is based on S Programming Lanuage which is also a kind of statistical programming language and combined with lexical scoping semantics inspired by Scheme.
Created by Ross Ihaka and Robert Gentleman at the University of Auckland, New Zealand, and is currently developed by the R Development Core Team. R is named by the first name of author.
- 1992 - initial version
- 1995 - released
- 2000 - stable version
- 2001 - v1.4
- 2004 - v2.0
- 2005 - v2.1
- 2011 - v2.11
- 2011 - v2.13
- 2012 - v2.15
- 2013 - v3.0
- 2015 - v3.1
- 2016 - v3.2
- 2017 - v3.3
A core set of packages is included with the installation of R with more than 7,801 additional package (as of January 2016) available at the Comprehensive R Archive Network3, Bioconductor, Omegahat, Github, etc..
It list a wide range of tasks (in field such as Finance, Genetics, High Performance Computing, Machine Learning, Medical Imaging, Social Sciences and Spatial Statistics). You can search the key package in the task view and download it by the code
- crantastic: A community site for rating and reviewing all CRAN packages
- R-Forge: A platform for develoment of R packages, R-related software and further projects. It also host many unpublised beta packages, and development versions of CRAN packages.
R GUI Development4
- Web APP: Building application based on web page. (recommended)
- RGtk2: A binding for R to the GTK2 library and dependent libraries.
- Dirk Eddelbuettel: Put R in the Qt by RInside (high real-time)